BRF+ is one of the leading business rule management systems due to its flexible, easy and cost-effective implementation and its ability to automate business processes in a simpler and smarter way. BRF+ was first introduced in SAP NetWeaver 7.1 EhP1, but since the release of SAP S/4HANA 1610, BRF+ has gained significant traction, quickly becoming the go-to solution for many business processes like output management. It is the best choice for implementing business rules in an ABAP-based system. It is feature-rich, easily understandable for the business user, yet powerful, reliable and high-performing.
Business Value Drivers
- Business user empowerment with graphical approach modeling without any programming
- No setup cost, additional license or hardware to run BRF+ apps out-of-box and low TOC
- Rapid time-to-value with feedback-based build cycle to reduce project duration
- Transparency of rule execution and tracing for auditing purposes
- Optimizes complex business processes through simple UI-based configuration using formulas and decision tables without any advanced technical skills
- Seamless integration with existing ABAP applications including security and authorization
- High performance
This white paper takes a deep dive into the business benefits and technical aspects of BRF+ including the framework, supported apps, prerequisites, implementation phases and use cases.